Friday, September 4, 2009

Er....

I didn't mean to fall off the face of the Earth. I just don't feel like I have anything to talk about. The closest I've come to quilting is buying some fabric and cutting borders for the kids' brick quilts. At this point all I have to share is this:


Between being at my parent's house for 7 weeks, moving houses here in Hungary, and taking the kids out of daycare to stay home with me, I haven't had time for much. We've started eating better, going to bed at 9:30 (seriously!) and doing school work with the kids (Jaina just turned 5, Kindergarten here we come); I feel like life is changing and I'm struggling to keep up with the change. There have been casualties, and my poor quilts are one of those things. My 10 wips will be wips a while longer while the dust settles.

Oh, and it got to be in the 90's here this summer. For some of you that isn't hot... For me, it was horrible! And, needless to say, quilts weren't exactly in my mind!

So, now it's turning to fall, I can feel the change in the air. School has started, and the days are getting shorter; I'm beginning to see my life settling down, at least enough to get Halloween costumes made and Christmas presents started. Life here isn't perfect (it isn't anywhere I've ever found), but I'm happy, and I have my family. I am blessed and am trying to find the little moments to stop and breath.

I thank you for still stopping by in those moments you take for yourself. It means a great deal to me that you think highly enough about my little life to care what happens!

Jenn