Thursday, July 17, 2008

Well, haven't gotten too much done lately, especially anything of interest. I've been trying to get the quilting done on the dolphins quilt from clear back in March. Heh:) Can you believe I'm still doing the quilting? Though, I cut myself some slack as I had to pull most of it out when I realized I'd let the back pucker. Oh well, I'm getting there! And as I'm only just echo quilting, and at this point wouldn't be horribly interesting to see. Um, even though I'm telling you about it.

::cough::

Alrighty then! So, I figured I'd mention this piece:


It's actually one I started, oh, about 6 years ago and never got around to finishing. It's a running stitch embroidery of Santa, with a scrappy border. I had almost no idea what I was doing, but just kinda threw myself into it. The pattern and idea came out of a Gooseberry patch Christmas book I had found. I'm actually really happy with it, and when I dig it out to finish it I was pretty pleased with how well I did do.

And now for something completely different. Well, maybe completely is an overstatement! But still...

This little quilt top is for the firemen:

Seriously. There are times that they need to comfort kids and a quilt like this makes that job that much easier.

The only thing I don't like is that I managed to not get the yellows and reds staggered. I wish that it wasn't so defined left and right by colors, but I'm not sure I'm willing to take it apart, no matter how simple the seaming is. I've already taken it apart once, and I'm not sure if twice isn't asking too much:) But it's cute, and I like it, it's happy that's for sure.

So, that's me for now, finishing this as I go, finishing the quilting on the dolphins quilt, putting borders on the rainbow quilt. And thinking about all the other quilts I want to do as well. Seriously, when can I get to clone myself??