Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Quilt Month: 2

Wow! 2 posts in 24 days for quilt month! That just has to be a record or something. Anyway, I figured that now is a good time to introduce you to my first quilt. Please be kind, it was 1996!



It sat at the foot of my bed when I was still at home; we found this great basket at Pier 1 and, amazingly, the quilt fits in there like it was planned!


Yep, that's a biscuit quilt. I told you it was 1996. They were all the rage then, really. I swear I was in style!

I just kinda threw together fabrics; the peach/mint/white strip is a piece of fabric that was curtains when I was 12. Yep, pieces of my past still going strong.

I had fun with this quilt, I still remember working on it Easter day with Charlie Heston's Moses talking in the background.
Though to be honest it isn't finished. Ahem. It still looks like this:

See, this thing is really heavy as is, I've been afraid that if I continue to quilt it it will end up so heavy as to be useless. Though, I suppose, it's useless as is, isn't it! Heh. How bout that. Well, anyway, that was my first. It was my last for a decade, too. Once I jumped on the bandwagon I sorta leapt right back off and it wasn't until last Sept that I started doing quilts again. Apparently that wagon is either really slow in it's turn around or I was way off the beaten track and it took a bit to get back to me.

Next time I think I'll show you all my stash... And try to figure out what to do with it!