Friday, April 24, 2009

A Momma's love for Amy's Quilt Show

I've been waiting for good weather to photograph this quilt for Amy's quilt show but it just hasn't cooperated. I finally had no choice but to click away with weird lighting. Oh well, hopefully you still get the idea!

Okay, this isn't "my" quilt, as I didn't make it. It is, however, my favorite quilt because Mom made it for me. When I left for Basic she started it and when I came home on leave for Christmas from my first base she had this for me: I've been very patriotic my whole life and loved it immediately. But wait, wait till you see it close up:
She peiced this folks. Yep, this is the kind of work Momma can do:
Yeah... I still haven't tried my hand at half-square triangles yet.
This quilt is amazing and I love it. I wish we were settled and that I had the right place to display it. This quilt should be seen all the time.
I'd actually use it but I'm terrified I'd ruin it. She even handstiched details like the stars on the outer border.
My Momma, she not only makes fab quilts, she fills them with love. Everytime I take this quilt out I think of her and what she means to me. I think that is the compliment for any quilt, that it is made through love and cherished because of that.
Thanks Momma:)
And now, if you will excuse me, I'll be spending the rest of the day at Amy's wandering through blogs. I wonder how many new links I'll be pasting into my reader today??