Thursday, March 27, 2008

A quilt day!

So, this is my March quilt. I'm really happy with the way the colors play together, and how the pattern worked. Though it hasn't come without a few issues. First it was only half a quilt, cause apparently I suck at math, and now the quilting... I'm quilting a 1/4 inch inside the Dolphins block, which looks good, but then I flipped it over to check the back and realized that the backing shifted creating an inch worth of pucker that I managed to stitch over! Gah! So. Now I have to pull all the quilting out and start over. Sigh:)
This fabric is my stash for my Daughters quilt, and I just love it!! She turns 4 in June and so this is my quilt project for either May or June, depending on what I get done when!
And one for my son! I couldn't resist this puppy print, and the blues to go with it are so fun. I looked at browns as accents, but they seemed to compete where the blue just blends. Can't wait to get to this one!