Friday, August 15, 2008

An update

Well, I am happy to report that I'm making progress. The Dolphins quilt has finally had the binding pulled off (only took 2 weeks:) and I cut and pieced my first Soldiers Angels quilt. This is for the Blankets of Belief. Here's it all cut out:

I managed to get the whole thing pieced yesterday. You'll have to excuse the pic, it's actually upside down! Oh well, you get the idea:) I'm really happy with it and I wasn't sure I would be, to be honest. When I had the pile of fabric sitting together I just couldn't see a quilt. The fabrics are all so busy that the lack of contrast really threw me. The tan pieces were my saving grace, really, since they bring the busy-ness down and give it some interest.

And the backing:

And now on to the, ahem, fun stuff... Cleaning! Jade at Chikaustin had a series where she exposed herself and I had to go along for the ride! Though, to be honest, I've managed to bust time by a bit. I wanted to get the laundry room and the garage done by the 16th. Well.... Not so much. But we may be moving soon (like very soon) and far away (like very far away) and so now I have to expedite. So here is the first set of my series. No after shots yet, but you can see where I'm starting and will be waiting with bated breath for the after shots! Sure, why not:)

So, this is the laundry room. I'll be out of town this weekend so I'll start in on it on Monday and will post pics of the after. Cause I gotta get it done, might as well let you all come along for the ride!



And last, but seriously not least, is my new layer cake! Oh, so excited! As soon as I saw Lila Tueller's fabric and I just had to have it. I was beyond excited when my local shop had a Layer Cake and Charm Packs of Woodland Bloom. I love the fabric so much that I'm just gonna do squares and let the patterns and the colors of the fabrics speak for themselves.


I really love the way the fabrics look together, such an amazing line. Can't wait to get it started!